The Five Habits of Speaking Justice are a powerful framework.
We teach them in our workshops, in our online course and in our programs.
They are a set of fundamental social and emotional skills and are building blocks for engaging in difficult conversations and assessing progress in the specific areas each one represents. They revolve around using ones voice and listening to others. They are not meant to be practiced in a particular order. They are meant to support awareness and efficacy at speaking up for justice.
The Five Habits of
- Provide a framework which can be taught & modeled at home, school, work and in community.
- Guide us to have a positive impact.
- Expand our awareness, empathy & empowerment.
- Have power to create change in ourselves and to shift organizational cultures.
- Contribute to dismantling systemic racism.
- Reveal the beauty and the power of OUR humanity.
Advocating for ourselves in a way that helps us meet our needs.
Being aware of other people’s voices and to understand when it is best not to use our voice and to listen and hold space for other voices.
Being aware of and looking for the voices of the people we don’t hear, we don’t see and who are oppressed.
Feeling empowered to act and use our voice for the victims of injustice and oppression.
WHO ARE THE FIVE HABITS FOR?
COMMUNITY MEMBERS: Who are looking to build bridges, heal the divide and be proactive in difficult situations.
SCHOOLS & EDUCATORS: Who want a practical way to develop a skills-based social justice curriculum and build a culture of empathy, awareness, courage and belonging in their classrooms.
PARENTS & CHILD CAREGIVERS: Who want to integrate the skills for social justice in their everyday lives, into their parenting style and model them for their children.
*They are applicable to anyone who needs support in using their voice for justice.
Speaking Justice Newsletter:
- Learn more about The Five Habits of Speaking Justice and ways to apply them.
- Engage in a flow of relevant resources for your learning and growth.
- Stay informed about upcoming events and workshops, including our online courses.